Saturday, November 3, 2012

Mini palmiers


Sweat: 2%
Sweet: 98%

Palmiers have always been part of my life. In fact, they are something in my blood because my dad makes them every other day, if not everyday. Yes, he is a baker. And to me, he is the best cook in the world! 

These mini palmiers only took me less than 10 minutes to prepare because I cheated. NO! I did not make the pastry. It was supermarket-bought pastry (finest one though). Until the day I inherit the pastry recipe from the dad, I will be buying pastry from supermarkets. I hope that day comes soon!   

To add a bit of spice to your little palmiers, you can try sprinkling cinnamon on top of the sugar (stage 2). Since I am not a big fan of cinnamon, I tend to stick to the original sugary palmiers. 

CAUTION: These are once-you-start-eating-you-cannot-stop-snacks, but remember they are very fattening so be sure to share them with friends, family and your loved ones. Sharing is always good! Enjoy!






Ingredients:

All butter puff pastry
Sugar
1 Egg

Method:

1. Make sure the puff pastry is cold. Roll out the puff pastry. Use a sharp knife  to cut the sides of the pastry to get an even rectangle. 
2. Sprinkle sugar all over the pastry.
3. Roll the bottom side of the puff pastry towards the centre. Do the same to the upper side. Roll again until they meet in the centre. 
4. Egg wash the centre of the pastry to stick the halves together. Chill the pastry roll in the freezer for 10 minutes. At the same time, preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. 
5. Place baking sheet on the tray. Take pastry out of the freezer. Use a sharp knife to cut them into slices. Roll the mini palmiers in a bowl filled with sugar before placing them on the baking tray. Remember to leave some room in between the palmiers because they will expand whilst baking in the oven.
6. Bake each side for about 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Take the tray from the oven and flip the palmiers to the other side. Bake again for another 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. 
7. Leave them on a cooling rack before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment