Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stuffed squid with glutinous rice in teriyaki sauce



Sweat: 5%
Sweet: 95% 


The above recipe is probably the easiest way to prepare this dish. Or call it a foolproof recipe. Instead of stuffing the squid with uncooked rice, I cheated. Yes, with my rice cooker. With cooked rice, it was a lot easier for me to measure how much rice I needed to stuff inside the tube. I personally found it a very filling dish, perhaps because of the glutinous rice. Try serving it as a main dish to share amongst a few friends. Or serve one or two tubes by the side of fresh udon. Enjoy!



Ingredients:

4 Frozen medium squid tubes
1 Cup of glutinous rice
5 shiitake mushrooms
Olive oil

1/2 Cup of soy sauce  
1/2 Cup of Mirin
2tbsp Sake
2tbsp Sugar

Method: 

1. Soak the shiitake mushrooms. When ready to use, dice them. 
2. Pan fry the diced mushrooms. Wash the glutinous rice once and drain. Add the mushroom in the rice and mixed well. Cook the rice with the rice cooker (follow the instructions on the package as to how much water to add). Once cooked, let it cool.
3. Wash the squid tubes under cold running water. Add the rice and mushroom mixture in each tube and seal the end with a toothpick.
4. Make the teriyaki sauce. Add soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the stuffed squid tubes in and simmer in low heat for about 10 minutes.
5. Take the squid tubes out and slice each into 1/2 inch thick. Serve on a plate. Pour the sauce from the pan onto the sliced squid tubes.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog....it's a cookbook for me. With the recipes, I can buy the ingredients and try cooking :) Love you, Joanne BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie BB! I hope you'll enjoy my blog :D Happy cooking!

      Delete