Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Matcha biscotti


Sweat: 1%
Sweet: 99%

I never really gave a thought as to how easy or hard it would be to bake biscotti, albeit a great fan. When I finally came round to doing it (yes, I keep a list of things I want to bake/cook), I realised that they were incredibly easy to bake. I only spent about five minute (or perhaps less) to whip up everything before putting them in the oven. So if you want some home-bake biscotti and if you have five minutes to spare, try the recipe below. The matcha bug was floating in my blood again (as if it had never stopped!) so I added some matcha powder to my biscotti, you know, sort of Japanised them. Enjoy!
  



Ingredients:

100g Plain flour
50g Granulated sugar
10g Melted butter
5g Matcha powder
4g Baking powder
1 Egg
Chocolate chips

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Sift flour, matcha powder and baking powder and place them and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
2. Lightly beat an egg. Add the beaten egg and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Mix.
3. Add your favourite chocolate chips and/or nuts to the dry ingredients.
4. Place the dough on a tray that has been lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
5. Remove the tray from the oven. Use a knife to cut the big biscotti into slices. Place them back on the tray and back each side for about 7 minutes at 150 degrees C.

No comments:

Post a Comment