Monday, December 17, 2012

Tissue roses


Sweat: 1%
Sweet: 99%

Hi everyone! It has been a while! I have loads of food-related blogpost to do after this one because I have been cooking (OBVIOUSLY!). I promise I will upload more often! Anyways, few days ago, a BIG AND TALL Christmas tree was delivered to my flat. I was shocked because I was not expecting it. It was a surprise from my boyfriend. Since I had not done any Christmas decor shopping this year, I had nothing to decorate my tree but let it sit naked in my living room. OH, wait! I did have one BIG Christmas ornament that I picked up from Paperchase a couple of years ago so I excitedly put it on. But that was it. I did not want to spend money on decorations this year because I had already spent WAY TOO MUCH money on Christmas presents and presents for my boyfriend's 30th birthday (not until next January). Having said that, I thought it would be too sad to see my LONELY AND ALMOST NAKED tree greeting me on Christmas day. At that very moment, I came across a DIY Rose Decor Lamp and Lantern video on YouTube and bang! I knew what I could do - some handmade tissue roses on my tree perhaps? Oh yeah baby!

When I got my hands on them, I realised tissue roses were actually incredibly easy to do. Each of the roses might look different but I believe that was the beauty of handmade. I chose pink tissue paper because this was only part 1 of my DIY project. I would be getting a Styrofoam ball to go along with these roses, and a candle stand and a plate perhaps? You may be wondering 'what the heck am I going to do?' Well in that case, I will let your curiosity linger around for a little longer. Come back and check on my blog to find out. Fingers-crossed my idea will work and when it has I will be able to show you. I am hoping to do it before the end of this year. 


If you are interested in making them yourself, please click the video below which features a step by step guide. HOORAY! This is indeed my very first video. I will try to do more in the future. Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment